Tuesday 7 August 2012

A trip to the under-privileged





Field trip is an exclusive way to offer a learning experience for every individual. For me, it was an empirical learning opportunity to visit HOPE schools and hospitals together with the team as it provided a great chance to communicate with the teachers and doctors working in those schools and hospitals.
We visited quite a few home schools, formal school and a hospital in Korangi. It reinforced my philosophy and understanding of the field, social work and the mission that HOPE is working on. The field experience offered me to get personally involved in the activities carried out by HOPE. I gained additional insight into programs and projects conducted by HOPE. It also increased my professional self-awareness and built my understanding to help enhance job competence. I've always had interest in the social work and through these trips, HOPE intensified my passion to serve the humanity by giving me a chance to witness the crises that the underprivileged people are going through and how HOPE is helping them is fascinating.
Ngo's like HOPE surely need to be appreciated and deserve our donations and assistance - Quratulain Thalho (Media Co-Ordinator)


The ecstasy of a soul cannot be portrayed in a few words, but an actual experience is a prerequisite to do so. Visiting the informal schools constructed by HOPE (Health Oriented Preventive Education) has incepted a sense of sympathy in me. Never had I thought, I would feel so empathetic towards fellow human beings. The living standards are close to being none, in the under developed areas of Karachi, Sachal Goth and Ghaggar. HOPE home schools, many children in their teenage are enrolled in these schools who are otherwise deprived of the basic right to education. To see such an enthusiastic thirst towards education has revitalized my faith in the idea of prosperity for the country.
The biryani distribution program has brought a complete revelation in my thinking, as I never would have imagined, the thankfulness from a human being simply on the idea of succumbing a routine lunch. The experience I've had with HOPE in the few days I've spent with it has completely reinforced my philosophy and understanding of the human nature. Also, it has renewed my faith that the donations we give to such organizations are not going to be a complete waste and are actually proving to be a gradual and eventual life-altering process. - Hashir Arif (Intern )


1 comment: